Ages of learners
MashPlant Studio is a platform for multimedia sharing in the classroom that combines the power of social media with the engagement of creative, project-based learning.
MashPlant Studio Features
- Safe and teacher moderated both in and outside of school.
- Accessible 24/7 on any computer, tablet, or smartphone at www.MashPlantStudio.com
- FREE and easy to use with a fun, engaging interface.
- Exclusive content and resources focused on the creative arts.
- Capable of hosting all multimedia formats in the project workspace.
- Access to worldwide network of creative professionals and celebrity mentors.
What can MashPlant Studio do for your classroom?
- Increase student engagement by giving them a safe, supportive space to showcase their creative projects.
- Promote creative thinking and problem solving.
- Develop constructive criticism and digital citizenship skills.
- Improve overall classroom community.
James Irwin Charter High School
Friday, September 20, 2013
Music Teacher at Sunset Ridge Elem School
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Because of Mashplant Studio's ability to streamline the creative a collaborative process, the students were able to get so much done in such a small amount of time. The best part was that Mashplant Studio allowed all the teachers involved with this project to check the students work and to give them feedback. This instant feedback was the result of Mashplant Stuido's social media-like user interface - students can simply upload their work to the studio at the end of every class. It's easy for them to use because of the familiar feel, and it allows students to comment on each other's work as well. Plus, they can upload from anywhere -- Mashplant Studio makes cross curricular projects a breeze.
Mashplant Studio also has pretty entertaining and informative in-house tutorial videos. I wanted the student in our calss to all have the same filming process. For this we watched one of Mashplants tutorials on how to film a movie. Our students were taught and used the same process that they use for high-budget movies and TV shows. I even think I saw Jim Belushi hosting the acting video.
My favorite part about Mashplant Studio - from an educators standpoint - is that it is safe. Everything that is posted is protected by Mashplant Studio and is "inward-facing". The public cannot see it.
Mashplant is definitely an up-and-comer in education - especially since technology and education are coming closer together. I highly recommend Mashplant Studio for all of your creative and collaborative needs.
Assistant Director of Musical Theatre
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
The kids gravitated to Mashplant immediately because it is so user-friendly, intuitive and fun. They felt comfortable knowing that only the cast and crew of our show could see our studio, and they each found a sort of private practice space for themselves which showcased their abilities. Using this platform absolutely enhanced not only our production experience, but also the resulting performances of our show.
I highly recommend Mashplant Studio for any creative arts class, or for anyone who enjoys organizing everything in one place, safely and efficiently, for technology-aided learning.